My Motto

"When You Take Care of the Inside the Outside Will Follow"

Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's about to get real

Good morning everyone.
Sunrise in Cocoa Beach Fla.
Whew have I had a tiring week so far and it's only Thursday morning.
I am so glad it's only 2 more days until the weekend.  Funny how we say that because if most of you moms, wives or ladies out there are like me, the weekend doesn't really mean rest, there are a butt load of chores, laundry, errands, tasks and the like that have to be accomplished but yet, we still look forward to it. There is just something about Friday night til Sunday that has a bit of "Ahhhhhhhh" that the other days can not provide and regardless of what I have in store, I am looking forward to it?  I would love to hear what you look forward to on the weekends......

So now, what is about to get real?  Well I'll tell you.  As you know Monday was my first initial workout with my new trainer Jumaane and it was boot camp style.  You know there were 6 of us ladies out there, all in approx. the same physical condition (thought I was the newbie) doing our best at a beginners bootcamp and we got a good workout for sure.

Yesterday was my first one-on-one session with Jumaane and it was my fitness assessment, you know to see what I am capable of (or incapable of in my mind). None the less, we proceeded. After a brief warm up on the treadmill to see what my heart rate looked like we did some slight stretching and THEN came my drills. Now ladies don't get scared (because I sure was), it was just to see what I could do.  This was not a TEST or a COMPETITION, but if any of you saw last seasons Biggest Loser where they had the 3 young people on there, remember they had them do as many push ups & sit ups in like 60 seconds, then they came back a couple of months later to see where they were. That was pretty much what this was.   We basically saw what my abilities were. What are my strengths, flexibility, balance, etc. All the while he encouraged me to keep it up he said, don't hurt yourself, do what you can do comfortably.  So I did.   Well NO SURPRISE I have some work to do, but that is what is expected right. I mean I'm currently now 130 lbs overweight and haven't being doing anything other than short 15 min walks, so my muscles need some conditioning.  But NOW he knows what we need to work on. Now come Friday he will have a plan for my first official one-on-one training session which I am sure will be feeling for a couple of days after.  But change is good, not always easy or comfortable but soooo worth it.

My actual bkfst before I tore into it!
I'm hungry in the morning ladies
So I sit here this morning, eating my breakfast which is no special secrete, just well rounded to keep me full and give me energy to take on the day, what are you having?  I have water, hot tea, 1 egg (no butter) on a whole grain english muffin (no butter either) with a 1/4 cup of low fat granola
& 4 oz. of skim milk and I must say I have finished it and feel quite satisfied.  Yes the granola is Nutrisystem but everything else is from my own kitchen.  One of the things I think the Nutrisystem plan is teaching me is portion sizes and I really have an obscure view of that.  Well talk about that later.  Gotta get to the gym (for work not a work out), my kid's room kids will be waiting for me if I'm not there on time, this week we are making Trophies for dad and they LOVE their craft activities!
Make today great and do something, anything, good for you so you feel worth while because we are all worth so much more than we give ourselves credit for. I am still trying to believe that myself but if we tell each other we will start to believe it ourselves!  Muuuaaahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment