My Motto

"When You Take Care of the Inside the Outside Will Follow"

Monday, June 10, 2013

My job is lending a hand! ~~UPDATED~~

Now here is a little irony for you, it's where I work.

I work every day for 4 hours per day, what do I do, I watch other's people children..................while they work out! 
Yep, you read that right, I work at a gym.  It's a local fitness club that has a small kid's room in the back. So on top of everything else that I have to deal with, every day there is a little extra guilt eating away at me as I see moms & dads faithfully show up, sweet little one's in toe, to give it a go so to speak and live a healthier lifestyle.  I wish them "have a great workout" as they sign them in  and after, t-shirts wet, face glistening with sweat, some out of breath as they came straight back off the treadmill, with a smile on my face and wondering if they are thinking, 'why isn't she doing this'. 

I have worked here for just over a year and not only have I not taken advantage of my FREE membership, I have continued to gain weight, BUT not any more.  
If you have been reading my posts so far you know I have now been on my eating plan for 4 weeks, I am starting to get the hang of it but I still have a LOT to learn.  But something really great happened last week and I want to share it with you.

The manager of the club came to me, pulled me aside and asked, "would you be interested in working with one of our trainers, doing before and after pictures and posting your updates on Facebook?"  Now, they were NOT aware of my recent interactions with Extreme Weight Loss. I didn't say anything to anyone really, just a few close friends.  He said he was thinking of challenging one of his trainers to work with me but didn't want to say anything unless I was willing to participate.  I figured, if I was willing to go on national TV and put it all out there, why not here in my local community.  So I said sure, I would do it.

A couple days went by and then one of the trainers, Jumaane, came up to me and said I hear I am going to start working with you. I said yes (a little shy because I feel weird when anyone just does something for me. I have NO money to pay a trainer and I didn't want to seem like a burden)  He got my number from me and said he would look over his schedule and me check mine and we would make a plan.  

Jumaane - My new trainer
Here is my trainer Jumaane, doesn't he look like a nice guy 
(which usually means he is gonna kick my butt in the gym - 
it always seems like the nice ones are the ones that surprise you)




So last Friday after work I decided to give the elliptical a go, even though my  heel was hurting and my knee was sore I was able to get through a 28 min weight loss program.  When I was done he motioned for me to come over to the desk.   I walked over and we sat down and looked at the schedule.  The plan is for me to work out with him 3x per week. Monday night is bootcamp style, then the 2 other days are one-on-one.  I will update and let you know how the first one goes, I am so nervous!!!!



Well, the first Boot Camp workout is over. I shouldn't have been nervous. At least not for the reasons I was thinking.  He ran a great boot camp and if I hadn't been such an out of shape weakling I probably wouldn't not have broken down into tear during it.  I don't know what happened but the particular exercise was so hard for me and I was doing an awful job at it and well, I just started crying.  We started off with some slow jogging laps that I of course was the last to come around for.  I tried I really did and I made it through the entire work out and I guess that is what counts right??  I just have to tell myself, I made it through it and I'm still alive.  Afterward I was soooo hot, my face was sooo red from getting so hot and I was tired.  But late that evening is when the real exhaustion came on. I could barely eat my dinner,it was all I could do to go up my stairs when I got home.
I practically crawled up my stairs to get a shower and then I lied down.  That was it for the rest of the evening/night.
June 10-My first workout,
Even though my face was so red from the workout,
I managed to smile & give a 'thumbs up' for the camera


This morning my feet are in terrible pain.  I am barely walking but I knew this would be the case until I get some of this weight off.  As I sit here and think about it, the workout was not that intense, it was a beginners boot camp but that is how out of shape I am.  But strangely enough, as tired & achy as I feel this morning, I am ready to do it again.  Now THAT just doesn't add up!




Regardless of how I feel, I have to push on. I keep telling myself that if I was willing to live on the Biggest Loser Ranch or go one-on-one with Chris Powell than I can stick this out too. I have to. It's do or die for me now. I can't let my weight get over 300. I can't let my knees go out to where I am in a wheelchair. I can't let my family down. I can't let my new partner Jumaane down (I don't want him to think it was a waste of his time) I can't let my husband down (I pinky promised he would get his Anniversary Gift next year)  So there is so much riding on all this that well, I have to make it work.  You know what, I need to stop, I am stressing myself out.  For me now, it's one day at a time & one meal at a time.  Together, You, Me & everyone else will make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment