My Motto

"When You Take Care of the Inside the Outside Will Follow"

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The 6 Week Milestone


6 WEEKS !!  WooHoo !!  

     Well it has been a few days since I posted, my last one was really hard to put out there and my bad day has had it's residual effects.  I took the weekend to just decompress.  I had been go, go, going so much with work, training, trying to get trained on a small work-from-home PT gig to help with the money situation and I think it all just took a toll on me.  So I literally did NOTHING on Saturday (didn't even get dressed) and my brained needed it.

     So Monday rolled around and I said, "get right back on that horse".  It's not like I really "fell off" so to speak but I just lost my 'Umph"  you know.  I have not been able to stick to any sort of 'diet' plan (yeah I said the D word but only for description sake, we ALL KNOW this is a lifestyle) for more than 2 weeks so to make it to the 6 week mark is a big deal. Monday night was boot camp and I have some great pictures from that. It was a great workout, my chest was on FIRE from the intense Thunder/Lightening round on the elliptical. Then we went to floor work where we worked our chest, arms & abs.  What a great workout, it's Wednesday and my abs are still feeling it!




Here we are all doing "6 inches" which means we have to lift our legs 6 in. off the ground while touching our neighbors feet and hold it.

Believe me it was a lot harder than it looks!





We all have 25 lb weights in our hands and we
would lift them for 60 seconds THEN hold
them up while we lifted and lowered our legs.

THIS is what got to my abs!


Lastly just a close up of me while lifting the weight, yeah I know it's a little blurry BUT I
was movin' to get the reps in !

My arms were feeling it!







All in all it was a good day. 
I still have this weird nagging in the back of my mind.
Not sure what it is but I need to stay positive and start focusing on the big picture and my goal that is just around the corner. Oh yeah, which brings me to a subject I need some help with.  All my life I would reward myself with dinner, ice cream stuff like that.  
Well I need to find some new rewards, things that would be fun and really help me feel special for reaching a milestone. 
What I want is for YOU GUYS to help pick my rewards.  So please comment below what you think would be a good reward at different milestones.  
So here are my results after 6 weeks:
Start Weight:  292.4                Current: 270.4
22 pounds gone !

I shared my inches in the last post but just in case:
Arms: 19 in                  17.5 in
Chest: 53 in                     49 in
Waist: 50 in                     45 in
Hips: 60 in                   57.5 in
Thigh: 34 in                    33 in
14 inches gone !

My first goal was to loose 25 lbs, that goal is just around the corner. I would have loved to have done that in 6 weeks but I had not thought that originally so I am not going to stress.
So:
Goal #1:  Loose 25 lbs.                    Get a pedicure!
Now many of you will say, "what that is not much of a reward, I get those all the time". Well funds have been VERY tight for our family and I haven't had one in almost 2 years. Yep I said it, my little piggies need some tending and I am only 3 lbs away from a pampering day. So I can't wait for that.

I have no other goals other than the obvious weight milestones, so can y'all help me please!!!

4 comments:

  1. Rewards that come to mind are: New pair of shoes, new haircut to go with the new lifestyle, hubby taking you out dancing or a ladies night out dancing, treat yourself to a massage. Freebie/cheap ideas- an afternoon at the park enjoying the outdoors with friends/family, canoeing, getting hubby/kids to do laundry (or whatever chore you hate most). That's all I can think of for now. Oh, one more "reward"- knowing how proud we all are of you. You are an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some great ideas thanks! I especially like the massage idea :). Thank you for your kind words, it really means more thank you will ever know. <3

      Delete
  2. I have an idea, not really a reward, per se, have you thought of finding and maybe attending a few o.a.. Meetings in your area. Maybe you could feel them out, see what it's about, if you are like me, shamelessly gather all the free papers and them journal them to death. Works best w hen done with a buddy who understands. I volunteer. Ridgeview..Smyrna, think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very aware of Ridgview, (my previous dr. who prescribed depression meds worked out of there) and I am so mad he NEVER suggested any of these support groups, I wasn't aware they had those available to anyone, I thought it was a paid for or admitted sort of thing. I have already been on their site and plan to take advantage of them. I really want to learn how to process these emotions properly. THANK YOU so much for your comment & sending me in that direction.

      Delete